Saturday 21 May 2011

My English progress from 2008-2010


First of all, the maturity of the text has improved. I'm sure of that because the ideas become more structured and all the points are concise. For example, in the first composition I said: “I always thought about my future and dreamt about it, but I never was right. I don’t have clear ideas about my dreams, then I’ll tell you sure that I won’t say anything that I’m sure.
There we can remark that the ideas are mixed, that there is no clear expression or just a point which I could say assure... (of course the topic was also a bit confused)
Then, in the last composition I want to remark the structure that I followed: 4 paragraphs and an idea for each paragraph. Also, we can see that the idea is concise and clear: “I am a student from London who has been alarmed with all the problems related with the nuclear power station in Japan because I have som friends on Tokyo (near the crash).”

The first composition that I did was in help of the dictionary WordReference, the last composition was with no help! There are lots of words which I learned and I started to use in fluency and variety. Then I have to accept that there is a big work back of the posts, and the work day by day is just the key to get all this knowledge!

And all what I can say about the differences between my first and my last oral presentation is that in the first, I didn't work hard! (or only I worked in the visual part...) because the text was really poor... but there was a point of humour, and it was difficult to face up! It's a type of oral presentation which I never worked on...
I'm sure that it liked to the class, but it didn't improved our language... The structure is OK... But I have to recognize that the fluency wasn't really worked.
In the last composition I had to explain a topic that I was really familiar, and I knew about it from the first to the last piece of the Research project... For this I used lots of words that I had in mind for working on the programme Blender, and the fluency was all right... I think that it went better than what I expected!

In a personal opinion, I say that it's really good this work day by day, and also the facilities to give freedom to the student working in English on the topics that he choose! It's really appreciative! ;D
Thanks!

No comments: